Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, December 15, 2023

Reminder: #TBRChallenge Day is December 20


We made it! The final month of the 2023 #TBRChallenge! The magic day is Wednesday, December 20 and this month's (always) optional theme is Festive.

I've been hosting the Challenge since 2011 and this is the month where I think most of the participants groan out loud. My love of Christmas romances is pretty well known but I also understand that some readers really don't care for them (I totally "get" that).  Hence what has been a tradition for the last several years of the Challenge - the optional Festive theme.  Festive can mean a lot of things: holidays (not just Christmas), personal milestones, parties of all stripes (including house parties!), balls (masquerade or otherwise), heck any Regency where The Season is featured (um, which would be a lot of them...).  Folks, there's lots of ways to run with this month's theme.

That being said, remember that the themes are completely optional. The goal of the challenge has been, and always will be, to read something (anything!) that's been languishing in your mountain range of unread books. 

I want to thank everyone who participated and followed along with this year's Challenge.  A couple of years ago I was really starting to burn out on blogging in general, this Challenge started to feel a little too much like work, but then 1) I stopped being stubborn, 2) asked for help and opinions and 3) y'all stepped up and showed out.  The 2024 #TBRChallenge has been announced and sign-ups have begun! To learn more about the Challenge, head on over to this blog post.

4 comments:

azteclady said...

Good god, this is five days away!

::panics::

(I have chosen the book, it's the reading part that's a problem right at the moment)

Wendy said...

Well you're ahead of me - I haven't even chosen my book yet 🤣. Diving into my cupboard of Harlequins is next on my agenda.

willaful said...

I'm participating in a winter holiday reading challenge at Litsy and it's been very helpful... at reminding me I really don't much like winter holiday books. Ah well, off to the tbr cabinet.

Wendy said...

Willaful: Hence morphing my old TBR Challenge "Holiday" theme to "Festive." It gave folks more options.