Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Saturday, November 11, 2023

Reminder: #TBRChallenge Day is November 15


I honestly cannot believe it's November (yes, I'm in denial about my holiday shopping), which means we only have only two months left to the 2023 TBR Challenge! The magic day is Wednesday, November 15 and this month's (always) optional theme is Once Upon a Time....

This is another suggestion born out of the survey I ran late last year. This is a theme that can be interpreted several different ways.  I'm drafting this blog post pre-morning caffeine and my first thoughts were historical romance, a fairy tale trope, or royalty characters.  Heck, if you're feeling supremely lazy, the requisite romance genre happy ending makes this one work!

That being said, remember that the themes are completely optional. The goal of the challenge has been, and always will be, to read something (anything!) that's been languishing in your mountain range of unread books. 

I've started planning for the 2024 Challenge and the poll is now open for theme suggestions. Consider taking a few moments to fill it out if you have some ideas!  In the meantime, to learn more about the TBR Challenge and to see a list of folks participating head on over to the information page

4 comments:

Jill said...

After two false starts, I found something and gobbled it down well ahead of the deadline. Whew!

azteclady said...

@Jill ::jealous:: :-p

Jen Twimom said...

I'm bowing out this month. I had too many review titles and I'm not reading very fast these days.

Wendy said...

Jill and AL: Well I completely blanked on my own Challenge until I saw AL post it about it on social media this weekend. Um, oops? I made a desperate dive towards my category romance stash and came away with a Presents that I was able to knock out on Saturday.

Jen: I'm in the same boat - not reading. I'm just...not reading. Not the fault of the books, I have several waiting for me that I think I'll end up enjoying, it's lack of motivation that's been my problem all year.