Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Reminder: #TBRChallenge Day is March 15!


Hey, hey, hey the third #TBRChallenge of 2023 is fast approaching! The magic day is Wednesday, March 15 and this month's (always) optional theme is Baggage.

This theme came through the poll I opened late last year and y'all, it's a shooting fish in a barrel theme!  Even light and fluffy romances often feature protagonist(s) with some sort of baggage they're lugging around. Something in their pasts etc. that figures in somehow (to varying degrees) as part of the conflict. Some tropes are also ripe for this Baggage theme - see Enemies To Lovers, Second Chance, Marriage in Trouble etc.

So really, I think this one will be easy to stay on theme BUT remember that the themes are completely optional. Remember the goal of the challenge has been, and always will be, to read something (anything!) that's been languishing in your mountain range of unread books. 

It's never too late to join the Challenge! To learn more about it and to see a list of folks participating head on over to the information page

3 comments:

azteclady said...

Is it time to panic yet? ::checks calendar:: oh, no I still have days!

(famous last words)

Jen Twimom said...

I'm buried right now, so I started a freebie novella that I wanted to read.

Wendy said...

AL: 🤣

Jen: Novellas totally count. I've had to fall back on them more than once in the many years I've hosted the Challenge! Also, thank the Lord I'm a Harlequin junkie....