Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

She's Alive! She's Alive!

So yeah.  This blog has been a bit of a wasteland this past week.  I misplaced my mojo, and then this weekend was my belated birthday trip to Malibu.  Although honestly, it was also My Man's Work Is Kicking My Butt Right Now getaway trip.  Good times, good food, great wine, whoa momma great desserts, great view, a bunch of What Was She Thinking? Plastic Surgery Watching, and What's He Overcompensating For By Driving That Car Watching.


I'm back home now, back on the Interwebs, and back to reality.  Now, back to the laundry. 

Stupid reality.

9 comments:

Hilcia said...

Happy belated birthday, Wendy. :D

Great to have you back... although after looking at those pictures? I'm sorry you're back doing laundry. *g*

Thanks for sharing.

nath said...

Cool!! :) Sounds like you needed that week-end! :) Happy to hear that you had a great time :)

and I second. Stupid reality.

little alys said...

Welcome back...missed you much. Even though you had to come back to reality.

Reality is stupid. Stupid laundry...

Leslie said...

Belated or not, that's a heck of a nice birthday trip!

Seems like no matter how short or long the vacation, there's always laundry to do when you get home. :)

Alie said...

Glad you got your Austin Powers mojo back ;)

Dr J said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time and please accept my best wishes for another very good year. I had a b-day last week and wrote a little about it on my blog. I think of b-days as being " . . . the best of times and the worst of times."

Kate said...

Welcome back and happy belated birthday!

Wendy said...

And since I was gone all weekend having fun - that meant last night I had to do the ironing too. Gah!

We did have a fab time though, and it was great to "get away" - if only for a couple of days.....

Jami Davenport said...

Glad you got a getaway weekend. We all need more of those. I've been pretty much absent from the Internet all August, spent the first two weeks VERY sick, then 1.5 weeks in the San Juans on a boat. Now we're going back to the San Juans this weekend with my hubby's daughter and her boyfriend. Should be fun. I'll try to drop in more often now that summer is winding to a close.