September 11, 2026

Reminder: #TBRChallenge Day is September 16


Brace yourself kids, we only have four months left in the 2026 TBR Challenge. I know! I can't quite believe it either. I'll be on the road when this post goes live, having traveled across the country to attend a family wedding. Will I have gotten my book read before my trip? Will I have read it on the airplane? Will I get my post up in time? Your guess is as good as mine at this point!

This month's challenge is set for September 16 and the optional theme is Lush Life.  Don't blame me, blame the person who suggested it in my annual theme poll (OK, maybe blame me, I was intrigued and picked it out of the pile!). This is a theme that you can run with in any direction you think makes sense. Some definitions of "lush" include: luxuriant, thriving, prosperous, savory, drunkard, curvaceous. 

That said, I can totally understand not having the bandwidth to wrap your head around this particular theme. If you just want to pick a random book out of your pile and call it good? That's OK! The goal of the Challenge is to read something, anything, that has been languishing.

It's never too late to sign up for the Challenge.  You can learn more about it, and see a list of who is participating, over at the #TBRChallenge 2026 information page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of an influx of spam, I have comment moderation turned on. Sorry folks, but spammers are why we cannot have nice things.