Another month, another month of the blog being The Dead Zone. Y'all I'm listening to audiobooks, but eyeball reading has been a challenge. Thank goodness for the TBR Challenge, I'm convinced I wouldn't get any reading done otherwise! Have I picked out a book yet for August? Of course not. Will that stop me from hitting my own self-imposed deadline? Um, probably not. Cross your fingers y'all.
This month's challenge is set for August 19 and the optional theme is Backlist Banger. This was another suggestion that came out of my annual theme poll and this should be low-hanging fruit. A couple ways to spin this might be picking up a book that's been in your TBR a long time or picking up a book by a favorite and/or prolific author. Spinning up themes is highly encouraged with the TBR Challenge - we love to encourage creativity!
That said, I can totally relate to the fragile state of reading mojo - and sometimes you just have to go with the book calling your name in the hopes of finding something to lose yourself in for a few hours. If you just want to pick a random book out of your pile and call it good? That's OK! The goal of the Challenge is to read something, anything, that has been languishing.
It's never too late to sign up for the Challenge. You can learn more about it, and see a list of who is participating, over at the #TBRChallenge 2026 information page.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Because of an influx of spam, I have comment moderation turned on. Sorry folks, but spammers are why we cannot have nice things.