Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, April 12, 2024

Reminder: #TBRChallenge Day is April 17

TBR Challenge 2024


This reminder post is set to go up on the day I'm heading north to watch my niece, Lemon Drop, compete in an equestrian competition and take custody of my Parental Units from my sister. It's also hopefully going to mean that I've already read and scheduled the post about my #TBRChallenge book this month since it hits at the tail-end of their visit - Wednesday, April 17. This month's optional theme is No Place Like Home.

This is another suggestion that came out of my Annual Theme Poll and I feel like this one should be like shooting fish in a barrel - there's several popular options that come to mind! One of the characters returning to their hometown for some reason. A second chance or reunion themed romance. Or maybe one of the characters searching for a figurative "home." These are all really popular themes in romance and I'm sure we all have plenty to choose from in our TBRs.

However if you feel like this month's theme is too much like work 😂, remember that the themes are completely optional. The goal of the challenge has been, and always will be, to read something (anything!) that's been languishing in your mountain range of unread books. 

It is certainly not too late to join the Challenge (to be honest it's never too late).  You can get more details and get links to the current list of participants on the #TBRChallenge 2024 Information Page

4 comments:

azteclady said...

Safe travels! (I'm going with "searching for home" with the book I chose, wish me luck!)

Wendy said...

Well of course I haven't finished my book yet or drafted my post for Wednesday 😭. I'm at about 60% of the book though, so I'm hoping I can bang out reading it this weekend and get a pithy review up.

I hit the double-whammy - hero is returning home, heroine searching for home.

eurohackie said...

Life is coming at me fast right now, so I will likely not be able to participate this month :( My first thought when I saw this prompt was fairy tale (no idea why - Wizard of Oz isn't really a fairly tale, is it? LOL), for what it's worth. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else picks out!

Wendy said...

Eurohackie: What I like about a lot of this year's themes is that many of them are very open to interpretation. I do think you can make fairy tale work here! Wizard of Oz is a fantasy and fantasy as a genre (like romance) can play around with popular fairy tale tropes.

I hear ya on the "life coming at you fast" thing. Hopefully next month slows down for you.