Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, March 15, 2024

Reminder: #TBRChallenge Day is March 20

TBR Challenge 2024


Y'all welcome to March and can I just say work has been kicking my tail for the past couple of weeks. This is has always been the start of my busy season but it seemed to go from 0 to 100 a lot faster than usual. Or else I'm just flippin' old. Probably the latter. Anyway, after a mini-slump that last month's #TBRChallenge helped pull me out of, I'm looking forward to our next challenge day which is Wednesday, March 20. This month's optional theme is Not in Kansas Anymore.

Hey, don't hate the player, hate the game on this one folks. It was a suggestion offered up in my annual theme poll. Although truly, this one isn't as complex as one might think.  My mind immediately goes to Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz; a heroine who finds herself in extraordinary circumstances. This theme suggestion makes me think of characters in transition - new job, new town/city, still reeling from a relationship break-up etc. 

However if you feel like this month's theme is too much like work 😂, remember that the themes are completely optional. The goal of the challenge has been, and always will be, to read something (anything!) that's been languishing in your mountain range of unread books. 

It is certainly not too late to join the Challenge (to be honest it's never too late).  You can get more details and get links to the current list of participants on the #TBRChallenge 2024 Information Page

3 comments:

azteclady said...

I do believe this was one of my suggestions and the thinking was: either fish out of water (city person moves to the country or vice versa); or something happens that changes everything (unplanned pregnancy, big world-changing reveal--hello, shapeshifters/angels/demons/what have you); or someone offers to do something ordinary (deliver a book, pass a message, visit a distant relative, etc), with life-altering consequences.

Now to find something in the TBR Black Hole that fits any of these or similar.

Wendy said...

I went fish out of water / big career change for this one. I dug out books a couple weeks ago for this month and next because I knew I'd need to plan ahead, instead of doing what I usually do - which is panic-grab something that hopefully fits theme at the last minute 😂

Jen Twimom said...

I took it literally and went with a PNR that straddles the human and hell realms.

I find I need to plan ahead this year as the themes are a bit tricker. I like it!