Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Saturday, May 13, 2023

Reminder: #TBRChallenge Day is May 17!


Hey, hey, hey the fifth #TBRChallenge of 2023 is fast approaching! The magic day is Wednesday, May 17 and this month's (always) optional theme is Freebie.

Another theme suggestion born out of the survey I ran late last year. "Freebie" is one of those themes you can define however you wish, but two options that immediately came to mind for me: 1) free pick on the theme - read where ever your mood takes you! or 2) a book you got for free - maybe as a gift, from a free little library box or free ebook download.

That being said, remember that the themes are completely optional - although if you go with the "free pick" option I suggested there's no way you cannot be "on theme' this month 😉.  The goal of the challenge has been, and always will be, to read something (anything!) that's been languishing in your mountain range of unread books. 

It's never too late to join the Challenge! To learn more about it and to see a list of folks participating head on over to the information page

4 comments:

azteclady said...

I'm cheating (it's an ARC, so it's free, but it's been in the TBR for a few years, so I've decided it counts)

Jen Twimom said...

Az - if it's on your list and in your pile, it counts by me. I've ended up reading and reviewing books less than a year old because if I didn't for the challenge - who knows when I would?? I haven't owned the book I picked for this month for long, but it was on my wish list since it came out.

azteclady said...

Jen: ::snerk::

(I have a thing about feeling guilty over many of my #TBRChallenge choices, because I've had some books in one or the other of the TRB piles for well over a decade, and I keep passing them over for one reason or another.)

Wendy said...

AL: I thought about going with an old ARC, but ultimately settled on freebies downloaded from Amazon (yes, plural - more on that come Wednesday).

And I feel guilty about all the single titles I could be reading - but inevitably time gets away from me and I'm like "Oh sh*t, time to dig into the category romance stash!" Which, luck for me (I guess?) that the Harlequin cupboard features MANY books that have been languishing for an embarrassingly long time.

Jen: I figure any book that spent any kind of time in the TBR counts 😉