Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, October 14, 2022

Reminder: #TBRChallenge Day is October 19!



Hey, hey, hey it's that time of the month again - #TBRChallenge time! The next Challenge is set for Wednesday, October 19.  This month's (always) optional theme is Flirting With Danger.

This was another suggestion that came out of the theme poll I ran last year, and this seemed a good one to stick in October, otherwise known as Spooky Season 👻.  The obvious direction this theme could take is romantic suspense - but danger can take many forms in Romancelandia. How about a historical featuring a rake hero or perhaps a contemporary with a work place romance (what's more dangerous than an HR investigation)? This month's theme can certainly take a few detours depending on how you want to spin things.

However, the themes are completely optional. Maybe you're in the mood for a nice, quiet small town romance where the only danger is the cupcake shop running out a cream cheese frosting 😱.  That's fine! Remember the goal of the challenge has been, and always will be, to read something (anything!) that's been languishing in your mountain range of unread books. 

It's not too late to participate in this year's Challenge!  If you're interested or you just want to follow along with those participating, be sure to check out the TBR Challenge 2022 Information Page

2 comments:

azteclady said...

Me, four weeks ago: "oh, look, the theme for next month is right up your alley! Romantic suspense for the win, you have literally HUNDREDS of titles to choose!" ::rubbing hands gleefully::


Me, right now, "oh hell, do I even have anything that fits?" ::wringing hands in a panic::

(it never fails)

Wendy said...

This is me, like, every month. October was a little bit easier because I knew I would be traveling, which means I had to find something buried on my Kindle - and being a category junkie, I took the time to sort out my Harlequins into separate collections by line. It was just a matter of browsing my RS and Intrigue folders.

A few years ago I made the conscious decision to read out of the print TBR for the Challenge as much as possible - like somehow magically weeding out 12 books every year is going to put a dent in it 🤣