Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Reminder: #TBRChallenge Day is April 21!

Hey, hey - it's that time again! Time for the monthly #TBRChallenge!  Whether you are participating or just following along, #TBRChallenge Day is Wednesday, April 21.  This month's (always optional) theme is Old School.

This theme is always one of my favorites and when I polled for theme ideas late last year this one was included from those who responded - so it's not just me!  Old School can mean anything from bodice rippers to books that have been in your TBR for a long time to - well, however you can find ways to apply the theme.  And just to provide a sobering fun fact - here in the US if you were born during the first four months of 2000 you can now legally buy alcohol.  

Y'all, I'm so old.

But remember, the themes are always optional.  If bodice rippers make your skin crawl, if that book published 2 years ago is calling your name - hey, no problem!  The goal of this challenge is always to pull something, any book!, out of your neglected TBR pile.

To learn more about the challenge and links to the participants blogs, check out the 2021 TBR Challenge Information Page.

2 comments:

gillette said...

You can buy alcohol at age 10?

Wendy said...

Gillete: HA HA HA HA HA! This is what happens when I write up a blog post while I'm tired. Simple math eludes me. Um, yeah - that should have been 2000. I've made the edits in the post. Oh boy - drink more caffeine Wendy.