Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas, Bat Cave Style!

Before we get into the orgy that was Christmas at the Bat Cave, I have a new post up today over at Heroes & Heartbreakers.  This one is all about the recent Harlequin Presents glom I went on, titled (aptly) Unwrapping Presents.  Get it?  Christmas day.  Unwrapped Presents.  And why yes, I actually came up with that title!  Something clever that actually sticks?  Who would have thunk it?

Anyway, why not head on over and check it out?  Hey, and there are even book recommendations!  Best. Christmas. Present. Ever.

+++++

The older I've gotten, and consequently the older my sisters and parents have gotten, buying Christmas gifts ain't as easy as it used to be.  When I was younger, I didn't have much (OK, any) disposable income.  So Christmas meant asking for things that I really needed to get me through the year.  My Mom still jokes about how she had to buy me a new pair of slippers every year when I was a college student.  Now that we're all older, do have disposable income - when we really want or need something?  Yeah, we buy it for ourselves.  Which means holiday gifts tend to be "fun" things that we find - and admittedly, my sisters are WAY better at this than I am.  For example, take a look at some of the goodies I got this year:

Super awesome magnets!  Can't decide if these are going to work or the Bat Cave refrigerator....

OMG!  Running on caffeine!  This travel mug includes a built in tea infuser.  Does my sister know me or what?
T-shirt from Super Librarian Mom. 

Gift from My Man.  Between this and the TBR I may never leave the Bat Cave ever, ever again.





Happy holidays from my Bat Cave to yours - no matter if or what you celebrate.

4 comments:

azteclady said...

The t-shirt and Law and Order: oh my lord, best gifts ever!

A very merry Christmas to you as well!

Sheri said...

Still mad about my "mom moment" getting the wrong mug. Grrrr. :( Lil Sis

Christine said...

Those are some great gifts! Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, too, Wendy! :)

Wendy said...

AL: It makes me want to take a week off work and gorge on L&O. As it is, I at least have something to watch while torturing myself on the elliptical.

Lil' Sis: I broke in the mug this week when I went back to work. OMG - it keeps my tea thermonuclear HOT! Those are damn good thermos!

Christine: And to you and yours as well! Hope you had a nice holiday!