Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Diet-Free Day

Today was the day that all the So. Cal. bloggers got together. None of them were opposed to having their pictures posted on the web, so here we are, in all our glory. Well except for me. I'm behind the camera. Starting from the left, in the pink shirt is Daphne, then Rowena, then Rosie, then Nikki, then Nikki's adorably well-behaved toddler (seriously, besides some squirming she was an angel), then Lori, then Holly.

A great time was had by all! The only bump in the road was when I mentioned how much I loathed The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning. We almost had to revive Rowena. That said, Daphne, Rowena and I had a great talk on how much we all loved Moning's Darkfever and how we're looking forward to Bloodfever, which is due out in October. And of course, there was also much discussion about Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward - with only minimal frothing at the mouth on Rosie's part.

Cheesecake was consumed, books were bought and exchanged. I didn't buy anything, but I did pick up a couple of older Linda Lael Miller titles from Lori (at least I think it was Lori?) and Rosie passed off the latest Jo Goodman to me. All in all, a wonderful day. Hopefully we can do it again soon, but dang it's tough coordinating 7 people! Rosie gets the gold star for doing the actual corralling.

14 comments:

~ames~ said...

You're such a sneak, not getting into that picture! LOL

Again, I'm jealous. :P

Wendy said...

Ames: There were pictures taken of me, just not with my camera. Holly and Lori also had cameras, maybe they'll post pics on their blogs too.

C2 said...

So you're feeling better and had a diet-free day and got books? Excellent!

nath said...

That is great :D you guys look like you're having a good time, all smile :D

Hmm, don't you think Rosie and Kristie look alike a little?

Dev said...

Oh, it looks like you all had a wonderful time. Great picture!

dancechica said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. It's always fun getting together with other bookish people. :-)

Rosie said...

We did have a fabbo time. Book talk was great. I was absolutely thrilled and happy to meet them all.

Lori said...

Ames, come by my blog later on, I have a great pic of Wendy I'll post up.

Wendy, yup, those Linda Lael Millers were from me. And I agree, thanks go to Rosie to arranging all our schedules, and to all of you for working around my work travel schedule :)

And Kira was awfully well behaved - as far as I'm concerned, as long as a 3 year old has no tantrums, the day is a success! She is a delight.

I sure hope we can do it again soon!

Wendy said...

C2: Feeling a lot better, but now The Boyfriend is sick. He's not terribly happy with me at the moment.

Lori: I also forgot, I picked up Then Came You by Lisa Kleypas from you as well. I didn't love Dreaming Of You like a lot of other readers, but I was very intrigued by Lily, so wanted to get my hands on her story. Thanks!

Wendy said...

Lori:
Yes, when all a 3-year-old does is squirm it's a major success! And she did very well considering it had to be an awfully boring (and long) day for her. No toys? A bunch of grown-ups talking about books? Sheer Hell for a kid LOL

Sandie said...

Cheesecake, books and blogger friends.

Doesn't get much better than that, huh?

Smiles all around the table then!

Nice!!!

Sandie

Tara Marie said...

All I'm going to say is... 1. I'm jealous, but 2. The Yankees are in the playoffs :)

Holly said...

Have you read the Jo Goodman yet? It's really good, I promise. :)

I'm so glad we got to meet. I had a great time and hope we can do it again soon.

Daphne said...

Woohoo, there we are! I just wanted to drop in and say thank you again for coming out. I enjoyed meeting you all, and I loved our discussions. And I LOVE that we even disagree on some books. Makes it that much funner. =)