Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Saturday, March 5, 2005

Totally Cool Book News



In totally cool book news, Stephen King will be releasing a new paperback for Dorchester's Hard Case Crime line in October 2005.

Really, it makes perfect sense. King probably wouldn't have his career today without his success in paperbacks, and like many of his generation, he has a devotion to the pulp genre.

Personally, I love pulp mysteries. I enjoy the dark atmosphere, the tough guy characters, the femme fatales and the wicked cool cover art. While I have never read King (despite my older sister hounding me for years to read The Stand), I do plan on picking this one up. My only foray so far into the Hard Case Crime line is the now Edgar nominated Little Girl Lost by Richard Aleas. While I saw the resolution coming a mile off, I still enjoyed the story greatly.

Dorchester/Leisure has been helping to keep the western romance afloat - is it possible they can revive the tough guy mystery genre? I sure hope so....

No comments: