Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, February 9, 2004

My weekend consisted of car and tax hell.



I happened to have Friday off from work and wouldn't you know it? My car decided to die. As in, it just didn't feel like turning over when I turned the key in the ignition. My parents rode into my rescue, and I've been driving my father's car for the entire weekend. My mechanic is supposed to have my car ready for me today.



I also managed to finish up my taxes on Sunday. And because I'm a wonderful girlfriend, I did my boyfriend's as well - which has got to be a sign of true love since I had to do 2 state returns for him. Actually, it really wasn't all that bad, since I've been using my parents' TurboTax software for the last couple of years. I have vowed that I will never do my taxes the old fashioned way ever again.



I had a program at work on Saturday which went off without a hitch. Every so often the youth services librarian and myself plan a program together. It's usually cheap, easy, and we can share the planning work load. This past Saturday was a mother/grandmother/daughter craft day where participants made sachets and munched on refreshments. For working out in the sticks, I was quite pleased with the turnout of 16 people.



I'm also gearing up for a trip out to sunny California at the end of this week. I cannot wait to escape the cold and snow here in the Midwest. Plus it will give me a chance to meet with some library types out there and schedule in some quality time with the boyfriend.

No comments: