Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, October 13, 2003

Lots of developments since my last blog - and it's only been a week!

First, my darling boyfriend has landed a job in California. So we'll see where things go from here. Several months down the road, this Midwestern gal could be hitting the West Coast.

As if that weren't exciting enough - I got my copy of Blow Fly by Patricia Cornwell 4 days before the official laydown date (which is today 10/13)! I started it this weekend and am already halfway through it.

I wish I could say I am enjoying this book more than I am. For one thing, it's been 3 years since the last Kay Scarpetta novel. First, a review magazine I read for work spoiled a major plot development for me. I did my best to get over that - but it doesn't help when said major plot development is dropped on the reader in such an anticlimatic fashion that it's hard to get one's panties in a twist over it.

I'm also perplexed over the complete lack of Kay in this novel. I mean, this series is about her after all. However, the vast majority of the first half has followed various secondary characters and there have been maybe 5 brief chapters told strictly from Kay's point of view.

I'm also pissed about Marino's estranged son - but I can't really discuss that in this blog without giving away major spoilers. If you're curious - you can e-mail me thru my home page (see link on right hand side) and I'll be happy to spill the beans.

No comments: