Every once in a while I get what I call the blogging blahs. As much as I like to run off at the mouth, sometimes inspiration fails to strike me and in the immortal words of a wise woman somewhere, "I got nothing." Actually I don't necessarily have "nothing." More like I got a bunch of random stuff floating around, I haven't posted in a few days, and well, I need to put something here. Yep, it's time for another list of linky goodness!
1) I've "known" Amy a scary long time. Longer than I've been blogging, which means we're talking going on 10 years. She's the only person I know who might have a TBR scarier than mine (and we don't know for sure since she refuses to count it - scaredy cat). Anyway, I really liked her recent funny post about family drama and rediscovering "why" she reads. Go forth and say hello.
2) Leslie has an interview up with Cheryl St. John with two contests attached. One particular point of interest in the interview? Cheryl teases us with tidbits about her current work in progress. Go forth and read.
3) I've done some updating over at the Upcoming Historical Romances wiki. Lots of pretty book covers and lists of books through July 2010 (lists still not totally "complete," but I'm getting there).
4) Rosie is over at AccessRomance Reader's Gab making me think too hard. Seriously, Mondays after a holiday always find my brain the consistency of lumpy day-old oatmeal. Anyway, head on over and read what she thinks about creativity, longevity and staying the course.
5) The Cheesecake Factory has a new Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake which consists of red velvet cake, cheesecake filling, cream cheese frosting and white chocolate shavings. OK, seriously. How am I expected to say no to something like this? And for the record? Oh. My. Gawd. Something this good has got to be illegal in 23 states.
6) Thanksgiving at the Bat Cave was grand. My turkey turned out OK, but it was my stuffing that rocked the house. I followed my Aunt Mary's recipe to the T and drown those bread crumbs in a serious amount of turkey broth. Soooooo good. The leftover stuffing didn't make it past Friday night. Oh and the Lil' Sis makes some killer mashed taters and gravy. Those made it to Sunday night - but just barely.
7) After finding my mojo earlier in the month, my reading hit the skids again. I jump-started it last night by finishing up a Harlequin Historical (OK) and two Spice Briefs short stories (one OK, the other really dang good). Reviews will be forthcoming over at TGTBTU. Next up? I'm reading the new Cheryl St. John, Her Colorado Man. I couldn't resist it any longer.