Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Thursday, October 16, 2003

So the Cubs choked - there's a surprise. I can't help wondering if the offending fan from Game 6 is strung up on some light pole downtown today.



And I'm sorry - the normal reaction for a fan is not to try to catch the ball. The real normal reaction is to get the hell out of the way. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.



So that leaves the Marlins and somebody. OK, I'll choke out the words here - probably the Yankees. And don't think I'm pleased about it. Sorry Red Sox fans - your guys are sitting right next to the Cubbies on the notorious chockers bench. At least my team has the good decency to suck all year long instead of waiting for the post season (Go Tigers!).



Back to more important issues though - like reading. I finished Blow Fly by Patricia Cornwell last night. Ugh. Save your $26.95 folks. Put yourself on the ridiculously long request list at your local library. You'll thank me for it.



By far the most anticlimatic book in the history of this series. Revelations that should have been backed with suspense were dashed off like they were a grocery list. And the ending? Bleck. Add to this the complete lack of Kay Scarpetta in this book - well expect some mightly disappointed (and pissed off) fans.



Up next? I'm reading fluff thank you. Ranger's Wild Woman by Tina Leonard is book 3 in a series for Harlequin that I'm hopelessly addicted to.

No comments: