Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Wednesday, August 6, 2003

I have found a new TV show to be addicted to - Nip/Tuck.

In a nutshell it's about two plastic surgeons who are partners in their own practice. Dr. Christian Troy is the morally bankrupt one and Dr. Sean McNamara is the one trying to be ethically. There is quite a bit of gore thanks to the plastic surgery scenes (I discreetly tend to avert my eyes), plenty of messed up clients, and Sean's own disfunctional family along for the ride.

What I particularly find shocking is that my boyfriend is also enjoying the show as much as I am. Nip/Tuck is basically a primetime soap opera with more blood. While it lacks the camp factor of most shows of this genre (probably why my boyfriend likes it - since he doesn't do camp) - it's serialized. In fact, I find striking similarities between Christian and J.R. Ewing and Sean and Bobby Ewing. In fact, Seans' wife could pass as Sue-Ellen Ewing - but without those boozey over-the-top drunken scenes.

Lordy, I miss Dallas reruns. Could someone please issue it on DVD?

Anywho, I love Nip/Tuck - if only for the fact that it's filling my trashy-TV void that was created after Melrose Place went off the air.

No comments: