Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Thursday, April 3, 2003

Lest all my gentle blog readers think that I do nothing but read and mysterious librarian-things, I must assure you that I do not. I also watch TV - just not nearly as much as I used to.

I grew up on TV - I watched everything from Dallas (the greatest primetime soap ever) to Saturday morning cartoons. Remember when cartoons didn't have to be from Japan? Ah, those were the days.

Now it's all "reality" TV. Honestly, that just yanks my chain - who's reality is this? Certainly not mine. What they need to do is drop these American Idol or Are You Hot? contestants into a day care center with a pack of hungry, easily distracted toddlers with poppie diapers. The day that show makes it on the air is the day I'll start watching reality TV.

There are very few shows on my "must see" line up these days. I still watch The Simpsons - although I think the glory days passed about 3 years ago. I adore The Sopranos, but new episodes probably won't air until 2009. I occasionally try to catch King of the Hill and That 70s Show - but don't set my clock to them.

So what do I set my clock to? South Park. That's it. Can I just say how much I adore this show? My big reason for liking South Park as much as I do is because the creators aren't afraid to offend anyone and everyone. Heck - I've been offended, but I'm too busy laughing my ya-yas off to hold a grudge.

No comments: