The Misadventures of Super Librarian launched in 2003 solely as a space where I could ramble outside of my work as a book reviewer. Over the years the blog has evolved to become my main hub for my book reviews.
I have a very relaxed writing style. If you're looking for deep critical analysis, or varied discussions on historical anachronisms etc. - I'm probably not the reviewer for you. I'm a see book, read book, hopefully like book and tell you why I liked it (or not) sort of reviewer.
My grading system is very simple and is as follows:
- A = This book and I have eloped. We're madly in love and I will squee about this book with my last dying gasp of breath. I'm a "A grades are rare" reviewer.
- B = This was a very good book and I would recommend it.
- C = Meh. This was an OK book. Average. There was probably some stuff that annoyed me and some stuff that I liked. This is my Your Mileage My Vary grade.
- D = This was not good. I should have DNF'ed this book. Why didn't I DNF this book?
- F = I hate everybody. (I'm a rare F grader. Usually I'll DNF because life is too short to read F grade books).
- DNF = Did Not Finish. For whatever reason the book wasn't working for me and I couldn't be bothered to finish it.
- I cannot promise reviews in a timely manner. This blog run by one person (me) and my day job is a demanding one. I'm a "why did I get this small bump in royalties 9 months after the book released?" blogger.
- I primarily review romance and mystery. I'm not much for paranormal or fantasy and am super selective with erotic romance these days.
- I accept digital ARCs. Mobi preferred, but EPUB is also fine. I'm a librarian and, even though I don't understand it, I support copyright law. I will not pirate your digital ARC.
- If you are interested in inquiring about a review, you can find my e-mail address here.
A Grade Reviews
B Grade Reviews
C Grade Reviews
D Grade Reviews
DNF Grade Reviews
(Please note: I was blogging back in the stone ages before "tags." Tags on older posts are spotty, at best).
Either my style is something you're comfortable with, or it's not. No hard feelings. That's the great thing about the Internet. There is literally something for every taste.
Updated and posted 10/25/2018