Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Work Marches On

I've been off work for an entire, glorious week thanks to the annual visit from the Super Librarian Parental Units.  However that has not kept me from checking on my work e-mail sporadically - because I am obviously insane.  One nice thing that rolled in?  Our programs coordinator e-mailed me the poster for the romance panel (which yes, I am moderating....again) that will be used during our annual literary event.  We have a local art institute design all of the artwork for us, and this is what they came up with for romance.  I'd have to go back and look at my older posters, but I think this is the first time ever that the romance panel has featured artwork with a couple on it.  No, really.  Heart themed artwork has been the most prevalent, although to date my favorite poster featured ribbon-lettering, an open book and a rose.

This one feels nicely modern to me.  The couple looks young-ish and the colors pop.  Honestly it kind looks like one of those "New Adult Lit" books that are currently all the rage.

This year our panel features Jill Sorenson, Jillian Stone and Anna Randol.  I'm really excited about this panel, and really looking forward to talking to all of these women about their work.  It should be fascinating and loads of fun.

If you're in the southern California area, Literary Orange will be held at the Irvine Marriott on Saturday, April 6.  It's an all-day event that features various author panels, along with keynote speakers and there will be a bookseller on site.  This year our keynotes are general fiction author, Tatjana Soli and mystery/suspense bestselling mainstay, J.A. Jance.  The cost for the day is $60, and includes continental breakfast and lunch.  Registration is capped at 500 attendees.  You can register for the event, or just learn more about it on our website.

No comments: