Title links take you to Amazon (print) page.
Best First Book
Beautiful Disaster by Laura Spinella (romantic suspense)
The Darling Strumpet by Gillian Bagwell (historical fiction)
The Devil in Disguise by Stefanie Sloane(historical)
First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones (paranormal)
Hourglass by Myra McEntire(YA)
How to Marry a Duke by Vicky Dreiling (historical)
I'm Not Her by Janet Gurtler (YA)
Warped by Maurissa Guibord (YA)
- Haven't read any of these, but big shock - I have two in the TBR. Wanna guess which ones? Why, of course, it's the historicals! The Sloane and the Dreiling.
A Bravo Homecoming by Christine Rimmer (Harlequin Special Edition)
Donovan's Child by Christine Rimmer (Harlequin Special Edition)
Doukakis's Apprentice by Sarah Morgan (Harlequin Presents)
How a Cowboy Stole Her Heart by Donna Alward (Harlequin Romance)
I'll Catch You by Farrah Rochon (Harlequin Kimani Romance)
A Mother's Homecoming by Tanya Michaels (Harlequin American Romance)
Rancher's Twins: Mom Needed by Barbara Hannay (Harlequin Romance)
The Texan's Bride by Linda Warren (Harlequin Superromance)
- I'm so happy to see Donna Alward get recognized this year, as I've read a slew of her books and she's never fallen below a B- for me. I reviewed How a Cowboy Stole Her Heart for TGTBTU. Pretty sure I have the Tanya Michaels in my digital TBR....and that's all I got.
Cooper Vengeance by Paula Graves (Harlequin Intrigue)
The Doctor’s Deadly Affair by Stephanie Doyle (Harlequin Romantic Suspense)
The Man from Gossamer Ridge by Paula Graves (Harlequin Intrigue)
Nothing But the Truth by Kara Lennox (Harlequin Superromance)
Soldier's Last Stand by Cindy Dees (Harlequin Romantic Suspense)
Stranded with Her Ex by Jill Sorenson (Harlequin Romantic Suspense)
Taken to the Edge by Kara Lennox (Harlequin Superromance)
- I've got the Jill Sorenson in my TBR, and that's it....
At Hidden Falls by Barbara Freethy
Black Ties and Lullabies by Jane Graves
Boomerang Bride by Fiona Lowe (e-book)
Heartstrings and Diamond Rings by Jane Graves
Silver Sparks by Starr Ambrose
Slow Dancing on Price's Pier by Lisa Dale
Summer at Seaside Cove by Jacquie D’Alessandro
The Welcome Home Garden Club by Lori Wilde
- ::crickets chirping:: I'm just not much of a single title contemporary girl. After years of collecting them, and in some cases struggling through them - I finally accepted the fact that when I want contemporary I want category romance. Nice to see a Carina Press title nominated though!
Always a Temptress by Eileen Dreyer
The Black Hawk by Joanna Bourne
The Danger of Desire by Elizabeth Essex
Heartbreak Creek by Kaki Warner
The Many Sins of Lord Cameron by Jennifer Ashley
Scandalous Desires by Elizabeth Hoyt
Silk Is for Seduction by Loretta Chase
Unveiled by Courtney Milan
- Nothing in my TBR, but I've been meaning to get the Bourne, Hoyt and Milan. I'm really happy to see a western here (Kaki Warner), but this is a book I just can't seem to wrap my mind around getting because the back cover blurb turned me off (hero thinks wife #1 is dead....and da da da, she isn't!). Despite favorable reviews from readers within my "trust network." I know, I need help.
The Christmas Child by Linda Goodnight
Deadly Pursuit by Irene Hannon
Katie's Way by Marta Perry
The Ladies' Room by Carolyn Brown
Love on the Line by Deeanne Gist
The Measure of Katie Calloway by Serena Miller
My Foolish Heart by Susan May Warren
Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones
To Win Her Heart by Karen Witemeyer
- The Deeanne Gist book is the one where she named the town librarian after yours truly. Authors I think we now have proof that when you name characters after me, you are guaranteed a Rita nomination! OK, so it's a scientific study of....one title. Still, I think it bears further observation. Oh, and of course it's in my TBR.
The Dark Enquiry by Deanna Raybourn
Death Magic by Eileen Wilks
First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros
How to Bake a Perfect Life by Barbara O'Neal
The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley
Song of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
Spider's Revenge by Jennifer Estep
- OK, I meant to buy the Kearsley and then....got distracted. Need to get that book.
Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh
Changeling Moon by Dani Harper
Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison
Envy by J.R. Ward
Lord of the Abyss by Nalini Singh
The Lost by Caridad Piñeiro
Nightfall by Ellen Connor
The Restorer by Amanda Stevens
- ::crickets chirping:: Yeah, got nothing. Paranormal burn-out. I do have a copy of Nightfall lying around here somewhere because Carrie Lofty is one half of Ellen Connor. Oh, and I remember thinking that Amanda Stevens title looked interesting....but paranormal burn-out.
The Devil in Disguise by Stefanie Sloane
How to Marry a Duke by Vicky Dreiling
Heiress in Love by Christina Brooke
How to Seduce a Scoundrel by Vicky Dreiling
Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish by Grace Burrowes
A Night to Surrender by Tessa Dare
To Seduce an Angel by Kate Moore
When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James
- I have the Sloane and both Dreiling's. I could have sworn I had the Tessa Dare lying around here somewhere, but now can't find it. Will have to pick up another copy, or else read one of the several I bought for work.
"Angel's Wolf" by Nalini Singh in Angels of Darkness
"Chaos in Death" by J.D. Robb in The Unquiet
"Compassion Can't Wait" by Carly Phillips in More Than Words, Vol. 7
I Love the Earl by Caroline Linden
"One Wish: a Christmas Story" by Jodi Thomas in A Texas Christmas
"Resolution" by Linda Winstead Jones in The Heart of Winter
“The Storm Within” by Trish Morey in A Royal Engagement
"Unforgiven" by Ruth Ryan Langan in The Unquiet
- I read the More Than Words anthology and the review can be found here. The Phillips story wasn't my favorite, but outside of some writing bug-a-boos (for me), I liked the story. Congrats to Ruth Langan on her nod! She wrote a historical western that was my first ever romance novel (which I inhaled when I was 14-years-old). (For you nosey nellies, it was Nevada Nights which I wouldn't recommend now since it doesn't really hold up - but dang, LOVED that book when I was 14). Oh, and I need to pick up that Jodi Thomas anthology still.
Hidden Away by Maya Banks
Hot Zone by Catherine Mann
Hush by Cherry Adair
New York to Dallas by J.D. Robb
Secrets of Bella Terra by Christina Dodd
True Colors by Joyce Lamb
True Shot by Joyce Lamb
Where All the Dead Lie by J.T. Ellison
- This is a (no pun intended) dead zone for me. Need to pester Lori, our resident R/S junkie among the SoCal Bloggers to see if she's read and can recommend any of these.
Enclave by Ann Aguirre
Flawless by Lara Chapman
Hourglass by Myra McEntire
I'm Not Her by Janet Gurtler
Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
Warped by Maurissa Guibord
- I have nothing against YA, I just have zero time to read it. I would like to, but I can't even keep up with my "grown-up" reading. Sigh. So yeah, I got nothing here.