Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Operation Auction, RT Blogger Frivolity & Romance Addicts Anonymous

The gathering of auction items is well underway for online romance community member, Fatin (Mad4rombks), who tragically lost her husband in a work place shootingOperation Auction will take place the last week of March, and you can visit their blog to get a sneak peak at some of the super awesome goodies!  I've also put a button for the auction at the top of my sidebar for impulse clicking.  My head has been turned by a number of offerings, so expect some fast and furious bidding!

+++++

Sadly, I will not be putting an appearance in at RT when it hits L.A. in a couple of weeks.  Between work and family obligations....well, the timing couldn't suck more for me.  But if you're going, be sure to make some time Saturday evening to meet some of the super cool SoCalBloggers!  The SoCalBloggers And Authors Happy Hour will be Saturday, April 9 at 7PM in the Lobby Court Bar (at the conference hotel).

I did something similar at last year's RWA with the Blogger Bar Bash, and it worked out really well.  People were able to drop by, say hello, come and go, in between other party and dinner obligations.  So if you're going to be at RT, be sure to try to stop by, even if only for a few minutes. 

+++++

File this under general silliness, Kristan Higgins has done a book trailer for her latest book, My One And Only, featuring the members of a Romance Addicts Anonymous support group.  No word on what the 12 steps of RAA are, but if reading romance is wrong....I'm not sure I want to be right (and I think Scar would agree with me).

(The sound is kind of wonky, so you might have fiddle with your speaker volume....)

2 comments:

Trinity Faegen said...

I'm bummed you won't be at RT. I honestly can't believe I WILL be - it's like the dead heat of tax season. But HelenKay Dimon and Jill Monroe said I'd regret it if I didn't, so I'm there. And you're not! :(
BUT, I'll see you at RWA, where, as I've mentioned, I plan to heckle you at the librarian's lunch. Congrats again, Wendy. You really do have super powers.

Wendy said...

Trinity: I really wanted to put in an appearance at RT....but between work and my folks being in town, the timing is just too zany for me right now :( BUT! I will definitely see you at RWA!