The Particulars: Contemporary Romance, Avon, 2004, In Print
Top 7 Reasons Why She's No Angel
7. Easily Palm Beach's sexiest private investigator, Angel Devlin always gets her man -- and bad boy millionaire Tom Donovan is at the top of her Most Wanted list.
6. Instinct tells her that drop-dead-gorgeous Tom has something wicked up his sleeve, and she's going to get up close and personal to find out just what.
5. Her list of nocturnal activities includes lifting a wallet while seductively skimming her hands over her victim's rock-solid chest and performing a bewitching lap dance at a seedy underground club.
4. There's nothing sweet or innocent about Angel -- she's as sharp as the steel stiletto she wears strapped to her shapely thigh.
3. Her motto is "dress to thrill." A tight skirt, a hint of cleavage, and a pair of kick-ass Jimmy Choos will make a man open up and divulge all sorts of little secrets.
2. Angel is devilish, devious, and sexy as sin.
1. She's the first to admit she's no angel, but it doesn't stop Tom from falling head over heels in love with the mischievous blonde.
Is It In Wendy's TBR?: Why, yes - it is. I picked it up at an RWA conference one year (no clue which city/year).
Any Reviews?: All About Romance gave it a B-:
It's a fun story, though not much more than that. Despite some of the more serious touches (Alzheimer's, the murders), the book never becomes heavy in the least. It takes place in the high-gloss, low-substance world of Palm Beach society, and the book fits the setting perfectly. It's very frothy and light, a little too easy in places. For instance, after they have sex, there's an argument between the two and Angel stomps off in a huff. About a chapter later, Tom does something nice and all is forgiven as if it never happened. It's that kind of book. It's not very deep, it's not very substantive, but it has a kind of effervescent, fizzy charm.Mrs. Giggles gave it a 71:
I'm No Angel isn't a particularly bad book, just a book without a clear and definite mood or voice. It can't make up its mind whether to be over the top, under the line, left of the middle, or right of center and the result is a totally disoriented me. Still, the signs have been there in Patti Berg's previous few books that she is heading towards the comedic romantic suspense route and I'm No Angel is her first outright dip in that direction.
Anything Else?: This is the author's most recent book, but according to her web site (last updated January 2010), she's still writing.