Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Harlequin + Super Librarian = Awesome!

Massive Bat Cave news. Huge, colossal Bat Cave news.

Several months back, the digital team over at Harlequin contacted several bloggers about the possibility of putting together some ebook bundles. One of the bloggers they contacted was none other than lil' ol' me. Naturally, I practically fell all over myself saying yes. Which means I now had to come up with some ideas. I started out with two goals:

1) Create bundles featuring books I personally enjoyed.

2) Try to concentrate on books that currently are unavailable electronically.

I came up with three different bundle ideas - sending them all off to Harlequin hoping there would be one set they didn't think sucked. Well, I recently heard back from them. They selected my Cheryl St. John bundle!

Wahoooooooey!

As you are all well-aware, here at the Bat Cave we lurve us some Cheryl St. John. She is not only our very favorite Harlequin Historical author, but now that Maggie Osborne is retired, she also may be our favorite western romance author. The Doctor's Wife, The Lawman's Bride and The Preacher's Wife are all connected books in the author's Harvey Girls trilogy. The first two titles have never been available electronically, and all three have been out of print for some time.

Wahooooooooey!

The first round of Blogger Bundles are set to launch in January 2010. They'll be available to purchase over at eHarlequin, and one would assume at other ebook retail outlets. I have no idea on cost yet, but going by other historical bundles they offer, my guess is somewhere in the ballpark of $20.

23 comments:

Holly said...

You are so full of awesome! I'm not a huge western fan (I know, I know) but I'll be inline to buy this bundle anyway. :0)

Rosie said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! These happen to be three faves of mine too and guess who introduced me to Cheryl St John...why it was SL Wendy. Harlequin owes you big for the books I've purchased because of y-o-u!

This is awesome news.

dancechica said...

Very cool. Congrats on being selected!

Tara Marie said...

Happy Snoopy Dance for you. Don't you just rock :)

Kristie (J) said...

Tres Kewl!!! She's my favourite Western author too and it's great news that e-readers will be able to get her books!!

Victoria Janssen said...

Awesome!

I am your fangirl.

Phyl said...

That is way too cool. You rock, Wendy! Can't wait to add more Cheryl St. John to my reader. I do love her books, too.

michellewillingham said...

Oooh, great news! I'd love to see more bundled stuff. :) I only wish they were compatible with my Kindle. ;(

Karenmc said...

Cool.You'll be introducing me to a new author, which makes me happy.

Lynn Spencer said...

Exciting news! You must be so thrilled. I love Cheryl St.John's writing, too. Harlequin has some really talented Western writers, but she really stands out, imho.

nath said...

Wooohooo! That's great LOL :) and Cheryl St John.. need to try her books out :D

mslizalou said...

Ok, so I've never read any books by Cheryl St. John. I might just have to add these to my ereader in January. Big congrats Wendy!!!

Katie Mack said...

I may just have to check out this ebook bundle and read a Cheryl St. John book -- heck, read a Western -- for the first time. Unless I Do, I Do, I Do by Maggie Osborne counts as a Western?

Nicole "Gidget" Kalstein said...

I love the titles of the books in your bundle already. I've never read any of them, but I'm liking the "The [Masculine Western Profession that's Highly Respected]'s Bride/Wife" title formula. :)

Random, but my word verif is "juglos". I giggled, and my dirty little mind thinks it sounds like a funny euphemism for boobs.

SonomaLass said...

I like Westerns when they are done well. I just panic when faced with the sheer number of category romances out there -- when I pick on my own, I'm usually disappointed. But recommendations help a lot, so I'm really looking forward to these bundles!

Renee said...

VERY cool, Wendy!

I haven't read Cheryl St John before, so I'll be looking out for the SL bundles!

Unknown said...

oh this is AWESOME. I have a few of hers on my ebook reader already. So far, HQN seems to be picking readers whose taste jive with my own. Aren't we lucky?*smile* Count on me to buy this bundle, too. Huge western fan, right here.

Keishon

Kee B. said...

Way cool. I love me some good Westerns!

Lori said...

How fun! Waaay cool. And I love me some Cheryl St John, too!

Wendy said...

Once again, Wendy has put off engaging in comments until there's a ton of them. I suck.

Katie: The western/Americana line is a thin one - but I would classify I Do, I Do, I Do as a western if only because of the "frontier" feel the story has.

Lyndee: LOL - Harlequin is now slapping her with State titles. We have Her Montana Man and Her Colorado Man. What's next? Her Arizona Man? Or maybe Her Wyoming Man?

Everyone Else: I'm not sure how many blogger bundles there will ultimately be, but I do know that Harlequin is launching three of them in January. Should be fun!

Cheryl St.John said...

No, no, no, girls, next up are Her Maine Man and Her Rhode Island Man. :-) ::joke:::

Seriously, Wendy, as soon as I find my teeth, where they landed under my desk, I will run out and mail you chocolate!

This is the first I've heard of this trilogy, so never let it be said that The UberSuper Librarian isn't on the cutting edge of the romance industry--and with the ear of the marketing department, no less.

All the times I've tried to market a trology and no one listened...okay, next suggest The Copper Creek Brides, you know, Annie and Kate....who else?

SMOOCHES!

Wendy said...

Cheryl: I did think about the Copper Creek Brides - but ultimately your Harvey Girls won out :) All three of my proposed bundle ideas had a series connection and/or theme - as that made the most sense to me as a reader. Harlequin ultimately decided this one was the winner out of my suggestions and I'm happy since it was my favorite.

I hope it means good things for your royalty statement(s)! They told me "January" and you can be assured I'll be screaming it from the hilltops when it's available for purchase.

Now I'm off to ponder the possibility of Her New Mexico Man.....

Cheryl St.John said...

I hope it means good things for my royalty statements, too!

And Her New Mexico Man was once a bandito who fell in love with a dancing girl in a cantina....

Hope you get lots of visits. I just sent 400 close intimate friends over to look at this.

Lyndee, my verification word is derach. You can find de snake over dere under derach.