- Book bag from author Tracy Wolff. I'm pretty sure I got this at the Literacy Signing when I stopped by Tracy's table. I need another book bag like I need a hole in the head, but what I love about this one is it's smaller size. I like my book bags two ways. 1) Big enough to fit
a dead bodya mess of books or 2) Small enough for me to carry to the office. I expect to get a lot of use out of this bag, and it's excellent promo for Tracy since who knows how many innocent bystanders will see me carrying it around.
- Post-It Note Tablet from Hannah Howell. Do you know how many post-it notes and pads of paper I go through at work? A lot. I always keep some by my computer to jot down information about books, authors, random ISBNs I need to look up.....
- Green collapsible tote bag from Samhain. I'll admit an e-publisher giving out tote bags strikes me as....odd. That said, this one folds into a handy (and small!) pouch. Ideal for keeping in your car's glove box when you have to make that last minute run to the grocery store. Or that impromptu run to the bookstore. Either way, it'll come in handy.
- Buttons from Cherry Adair and Tessa Dare. Dare's buttons were really clever. She took the title words from her upcoming trilogy - Goddess, Siren and Lady - and made individual buttons. Then she gave them out at RWA....a conference full of women. Women walking around with Goddess, Siren and/or Lady pinned to them. Awesome. Adair's buttons include such valuable advice as "So Many Books, So Little Time" and "Today Requires Chocolate." Amen sister.
- Thumb drive. I think others have already blogged about this. This flash drive came with the conference registration tote bag and includes various handouts and some free Harlequin books. Very cool.
- Sunscreen from Gina Ardito. Individual mini-packets of SPF 15 sunscreen in a matchbook. Great to stuff in your purse when you're on the go. I'm so white I'm see-through and I live in southern California. I cannot have too much sunscreen. Just sayin'.
- Zebra Authors CD. This was probably my favorite promo item of the conference. This CD includes excerpts, book trailers, links to the author's web site, and links to buy the books for six authors who are published (or are soon going to be) by Zebra. An excellent example of how authors can work together on promotion and highlight what readers care about the most - the books! Avon authors - are you taking note? This seems like a natural for you guys. Authors on the Zebra CD are: Anthea Lawson, Kit Donner, Lori Brighton, Jackie Ivie, Heather Grothaus, and Kimberly Killion.