Wendy's Top 13 Birthday Wishes
1) Whatever the Hell My Man got me. The Master Gift Giver Of The Universe tells me I'll get my present this evening. At this point all I know is that it's small-ish and he's known for months what he was going to give me. Jewelery would be the obvious guess, but I don't think that's it....
2) A State Budget. This is probably too much to hope for from the politicians of California.
3) World Peace.
4) A Beatles Reunion. Is it too much to ask that George Harrison and John Lennon rise from the dead?
5) My own private library. Hell, I've got the books - just not the space.
6) Maggie Osborne to come out of retirement and start writing again.
7) Lunch with Phyl. Oh wait, did that yesterday! She's in town for a family wedding and is staying very, very close to where my office is.
8) Western romances to make a comeback and flood the market.
10) To have Nora adopt me. I could be the daughter she never had, or probably even wanted. Ok, so that's not terribly realistic.....
11) To have Ewan McGregor adopt me. Yeah, much more realistic.
12) A Greek Tycoon. I'm sure the editorial department for Harlequin Presents has a couple of extras stuffed in a broom closet somewhere.
13) A job that requires me to sit at home, read all day and watch Law & Order reruns. With an employer willing to pay me, at least, my current salary. Surprisingly, this is a harder job to find than one would think.