Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Massive Fangirl Squee!

I know, two posts in one day. I normally don't do this - but damn, I'm making an exception.

Detroit Tigers outfielder, and my fantasy boyfriend, Curtis Granderson knows I exist! ::dead faint::

This season Curtis is guest blogging on Yahoo's Big League Stew and last week they asked readers to e-mail in questions for Curtis to answer in a "mailbag" segment.

They chose my question! Squeeee!
I'm a librarian and a long-time Tigers fan. I'm wondering if anyone on the team likes to kill time by reading while traveling on road trips. Books, magazines, newspapers — I'm not picky, just about anything counts. Please tell me not everyone is plugged into their iPod.

— Wendy, formerly from Kalamazoo, MI, now in CA.

I can't lie, the iPod is always on most players. A lot also read too — mostly newspapers (usually USA Today, or the local paper depending on the city), magazines (ESPN The Magazine, Sports Illustrated, Maxim, etc...). For me, when I try to read a book, they always usually put me to sleep. It's not because of a lack of interest, but because the reading relaxes me to the point where my body falls asleep within the first few pages.

Oh Curtis. All you need is the help (and dare I say it, love?) of a good librarian to steer you towards books that don't put you to sleep. I actually know the ideal person. She's smart, funny, incredibly humble, with an incredible sense of fashion (what, doesn't every librarian wear a tiara and a cape?).

You can read the whole mailbag blog post here. But honestly? I already posted the best part.

Squeeeee! ::dead faint::

9 comments:

Phyl said...

You rock, girl. Maybe you could become the Tigers' Team Librarian. You'd probably have to travel with the team, though and they'd make you sit in those fabu seats behind home plate that are always EMPTY on TV (why is that?). That would suck. Not. Now there's a job for a Super Librarian.

And then you could recommend me for the job as the Phillies Team Librarian. I have the right name!!

Kristie said...

That's awesome that he responded! I would be so excited too! Poor Cutris, though, he is missing out on reading. Maybe some one on one time with me will fix that?!? (Sorry Wendy, but you will have to take me down to get to him!)

Stacy~ said...

What a thrill :) I like Phyl's idea - you could travel with the team. Sounds like a win-win.

Liza said...

I think each professional team needs a team librarian. I'll even go back to school so I can travel with my Titans.

Blanche said...

Wow Wendy!! How cool is that! Very cool that they chose your question and that he answered it!!! :)

Big Sis said...

You're so cool.

Barbara said...

Wendy! Wow! That rocks!!!

Kris Kennedy said...

Great question, Wendy! I like Phyl's idea of you as Team Librarian. Every team needs one, they just don't know it yet.
:-)

Lil Sis said...

LMAO at:

"Oh Curtis. All you need is the help (and dare I say it, love?) of a good librarian to steer you towards books that don't put you to sleep. I actually know the ideal person."