Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Unicorns Are Real, Who Knew?

Something amazing has happened. Hell, the impossible has happened. I almost didn't believe my own eyes. It's like a unicorn. Or a leprechaun. Shit, I think we've just sighted Big Foot.

Yep, it's true. A historical romance author is temporarily leaving England behind and publishing...

A Western!!!!!!!!!!


Gory details over at Sybil's blog....cuz she broke the news to me several months back and I owed her.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

10 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

I join you in your SQEEEEEEING!!

Yes!!
Yes!!
Yes!!
Yes!!
Yes!!
Yes!!
Yes!!
Yes!!

Now if only Lorraine Heath would leave England long enough to give us a Western my world would be a much brighter place!

And HUGE KUDO's to Jo Goodman for the risk in stepping outside the box that is the English historical!!

Wendy said...

Kristie: I knew you would be happy about this news. I was updating my Upcoming Historical Romance wiki this afternoon, which is when I noticed that a cover was finally on Amazon.

And what a cover!

That cover model is performing some kind of Jedi Mind Trick on me. "Look into my eyes Wendy. Succumb to the western-y goodness. Resistance is futile...."

OK - sort of like the Jedi Mind Trick meets Star Trek.

Kristie (J) said...

Sadly - I don't like the cover. He looks too much like Woody Harleson for my tastes. But I will buy it - oh yes I will - despite the cover :)

Wendy said...

Shit.

He does, doesn't he?

Anyone ever tell you you're a killjoy Kristie? LOLOLOLOL

Kristie (J) said...

ROTFL!!!! Ah, sorry about that chief.

C2 said...

So excited!

Even after Kristie mentioned the unfortunate Woody-ness of the cover model. :-D

Tracy said...

Shut.up. That's too amazing. Hope it's good!

AnimeJune said...

I can honestly say I've never read a western before, but now that Jo Goodman's doing one, I'm certainly going to try! Goodman rocks.

sybil said...

I heart the book. No haven't read it but fuck it. It is a western. So I heart it.

Go Jo.

WOOT!

Deborah said...

I'm so happy to hear this, because for months there have been rumblings, "westerns are making a comeback" -- and since that's what I write, all I can say is, "it's about time". Give me a cowboy over a rake anyday!