I haven't blogged in a couple of days, and my brain is toast. So I'm stealing this from Rosie, who was just as unoriginal and stole it from Holly. At least I'm in good company. Let's see how much I really know about My Man:
1. He’s sitting in front of the TV. What is on the screen?
A toss up between a movie, Dirty Jobs or Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.
2. You’re out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad?
3. What’s one food he doesn’t like?
Peas. He refuses to eat peas. Which sucks, because they're my favorite veggie.
4. You go out to eat and have a drink. What does he order?
He rarely drinks alcohol anymore, but if he does, it's generally a beer. A dark beer - and not American thankyouverymuch. He tends to favor Irish and German brews. Non-alcoholic? Generally just water. I know, how boring can you get?
5. Where did he go to high school?
Upstate New York.
6. What size shoe does he wear?
13. Hello Big Foot!
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be?
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! We often joke that if he didn't live with me that he would be able to fit all of his worldly possessions in his car. He's very much a minimalist. Maybe DVDs. And that's a big maybe.
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich?
Cheese. Yes, plain cheese sandwiches. I think it's a comfort food thing.
9. What would this person eat every day if he could?
New York-style pizza. Or maybe Chinese food.
10. What is his favorite cereal?
Corn Pops. We rarely buy them though since he lacks impulse control. Seriously, he'd eat a whole box of Corn Pops in a day if he could get away with it.
11. What would he never wear?
Pastel colors, specifically pink.
12. What is his favorite sports team?
Sit back, this could take a while. Baseball = Toronto Blue Jays. Football = Buffalo Bills. College Football = Notre Dame. College Basketball = Syracuse Orange. He tends to follow players in the NBA, moreso than teams. And when he's paying attention to hockey, it's the Detroit Red Wings.
13. Who did he vote for?
He's one of the very few independent voters I know. He will vote for either party, and has! Let's just say he was extremely unthrilled with one of the vice presidential candidates and leave it at that.
14. Who is his best friend?
Me. But if we're talking male bonding? One of his college roommates - The Tater.
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do?
There are several, but here's just one. My OCD Dance. Before I leave for work in the morning, I have to double (and in same cases triple) check to make sure that 1) my curling iron is unplugged and 2) the stove is turned off. Yes, I know - I need help.
16. What is his heritage?
Irish and Austrian. Pretty much half and half.
17. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake?
Angel food. Plain angel food. I know. It's not normal.
18. Did he play sports in high school?
Baseball. He was a pitcher.
19. What could he spend hours doing?
Watching movies. He loves to watch movies.
Coming in second place - he's an NFL draft junkie. Any of you ladies got one of these at home? He will scour web sites, listen to analysis, and watch video. He loves, beyond all reason, the NFL draft. It's like Christmas to him.
20. What is one unique talent he has?
He can always make me laugh. Even when I'm pissed off at him. He's also really, really, really good with a budget. I handle our bills, but if he had to take them over for some reason? I wouldn't worry about him screwing it up. Oh, and he's good at putting stuff together. None of this stuff is terribly unique - but hey, it's all I got.