Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Excellent Mail Day

I just had the best mail delivery! One large box, and a small bag arrived on my desk from Sandra Brown. Yes, that Sandra Brown. Nestled inside was a letter from her assistant (who I now want to marry) and 38 foreign editions. Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean to be exact. What a lovely way to start out my Monday morning!

For those of you who are wondering why Sandra Brown's assistant is sending me foreign editions, no it's not because I'm all that famous. Several months back RWA put a notice in their Romance Sells publication. Librarians were encouraged to send in their shipping address and their "wish list" for foreign editions. Then authors who might have foreign copies of their books cluttering up their offices would have a place to donate these titles. It's really win-win for both parties. Authors clean off their bookshelves, reach a whole new set of readers, and librarians get fresh titles for our neglected-because-our-budgets-are-sad foreign language collections. It's a big, shiny, happy love-fest people!

So big fat squee to Sandra Brown and her lovely assistant! Now I'm off to write a proper thank you note.

5 comments:

Rosie said...

SL, that's good news indeed. Better news for the people who will be able to read those books. Are they classic Sandra Brown books are more recent releases?

Wendy said...

Rosie: Mostly classic. Looking over the list it appears the most recent titles she sent are Richochet and The Alibi.

Amie Stuart said...

It's a shame there's only like two librarians on that whole list!

Wendy said...

Amie: Really? Dude, that IS sad!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I'm out of town now and know I'll forget. Can you email me about the foreign editions? We regularly box them up and send them to universities and libraries. I'm happy to send some your way if you can use them.

Nora