Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six unimportant things about you.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your blog entry.
5. Let the tagged people know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- I'm addicted to tea. Mostly black teas. I'm not a huge fan of herbal tea unless I'm sick, but green tea has grown on me over the years. I also like to drink my tea sweetened. Sugar will do in a pinch, but my poison of choice is honey. My cure for the common cold? Drink enough hot tea to float your kidneys. I swear by it. It won't cure you overnight, but I swear my tea drinking accounts for the fact that my colds don't tend to "linger."
- I could watch Law & Order non-stop, for days on end. The original Law & Order. The cops on SVU are too whiny, and the only reason I got hooked on Criminal Intent is because they brought back the Mike Logan character. Oh how I lurve me some Mike Logan. Regular Law & Order was slipping for a while (Jerry Orbach's passing left a vacuum), but it's been pretty good so far this year. They gave Det. Green another male partner, Lt. Van Buren still kicks major butt, and watching Jack McCoy deal with politics is fun in a perverse sort of way.
- I have two different thumbs. No joke. I have a short, stubby thumb (like my mom's) and a longer, skinny thumb with a larger nail-bed (like my dad's). I'm a freak.
- I often say I became a librarian because I was failing high school geometry. My junior year I was doing dismal in geometry and it was pulling my GPA down. I didn't "need" the class to graduate, so at the end of the semester I dropped it in favor of working in the school library. I thought it would be a cake-walk. Imagine my surprise that the librarian actually wanted to teach me something and I wanted to learn. At 16, my fate was sealed.
- When I was in college I would joke that I wouldn't date a guy who was older than my oldest sister (5 years older than me) or younger than my youngest sister (3 years younger than me). You guessed it - I broke the rule both ways. I dated a guy who was one year older than Older Sis and The Boyfriend is one month younger than Lil' Sis.
- I used to work at Arby's. To this day I still know how to properly clean a meat slicer. Surprisingly enough, I still love to eat at Arby's. It's my favorite fast food.