Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Family Affair

The Super Librarian Parental Units left this morning. As I type this, they are hovering over Texas somewhere. Which means once I get caught up at work, everything will sort of be back to normal around here.

Today also marks my baby sister's birthday (she comments on the blog as Lil' Sis). She's 29 years old today.

No, really. She honestly turned 29 today.

Now my 29th (and 30th) birthdays were spent sobbing into my pillow. Not that I think the Lil' Sis is doing this. No, she's probably out behaving like the respectable high school English teacher that she is - throwing back Jello shots at the nearest hole-in-wall bar. Damn near brings a tear to my eye thinking about it.

I wanted to commemorate the day - but what to get the girl who just caught one of her students getting stoned in the school bathroom last week? How about a little hip-hop celebration? So let's give the Lil' Sis a proper Super Librarian Bat Cave salute! Bob your heads and wave those hands in the air like you just don't care!

2 comments:

Kate Diamond said...

Happy Birthday, Super Librarian's little sis! I, too, am a high school English teacher. I'll lift a Jello shot in your honor tonight.

Lil' Sis said...

Well, thank you for the happy birthday! No shots though - that was the week before at a party Jess had for me. :) On my birthday I was at Disney riding Pirates, Splash Mountain, and the new and improved Haunted Mansion. :) Don't worry, they didn't take out the ghosts dancing and hitch-hiking!

Oh, and my high-on will be back next week. And don't forget the great girl/guy fight I broke up last week too! Woo hoo!