Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Stop Me Before I Shop Again!

I need more books like a hole in the head. In my defense, I got an additional 20% off offer from eHarlequin. Factoring in their already 20% discount, that means I got these books at 40% off. I mean, hello?! I got 5 books for around $25 - and a couple of these are trade paperbacks. Can't beat that. Here they are:

McCavett's Bride By Carol Fitch
This is a western Harlequin Historical. 'Nuff said.










The Company You Keep by Angela Henry
A shout-out to KarenS for this one. Remember those racism in publishing surveys she did a while back (and got some flack for I might add)? Well this was one of the authors she profiled. I had never heard of Angela Henry and her mystery series sounds right up my alley. This is book one.






The Wrong Man For Her by Kathryn Shay (Harlequin SuperRomance 1418)
I have yet to read any of her single titles (yes, they're all in the TBR), but I've had nothing but good luck with Shay's category titles. Whenever she has a new SuperRomance out I just buy it, no questions asked.







Never Say Die and Whistleblower by Tess Gerritsen
These are a couple of her older Harlequin Intrigue (yes, romantic suspense) titles that Harlequin reissued in trade paperback. I love Gerritsen's suspense novels and didn't have either of these yet, so snapped it up. I'm thinking I might take this on the plane trip to RWA/Dallas. Two books, one volume = very handy.






Broken by Megan Hart
I know, it's shocking I didn't run out and buy this on the lay down date. My excuse is that I've been buried under review obligations. For those of you not keeping score, I loved her last book Dirty. Adored it to bits.







Scandalous Lovers by Robin Schone
OK, this one I didn't buy. It just showed up in my office one day. It was mailed straight from Kensington Books. No letter, no post card, just the book. So here I am really confused. I mean, I get books/ARCs at work all the time but usually there's some kind of PR letter or something. Plus, this book came out in February. A little late to be sending them out in June. That's when it dawned on me. I had totally forgotten I had entered a contest on their web site. Duh! I won the contest.



And that's it. That's all the book buying I'm even thinking about doing until well after RWA. Seriously, I need to take a reviewing sabbatical and put a dent in the TBR.

5 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

40% off? Well - hell yeah you had to get them. Doesn't really matter how many you already have. 40% is 40%!!!

Rosario said...

I like Kathryn Shay's series books (have you read The Man Who Loved Christmas? Great book), but the couple of single titles I've read by her haven't been too good. It felt like the books got much too consumed by whatever Issue she was writing about, and she completely lost track of the romance. Not that this didn't happen in some of her categories, but that was only a couple of cases.

Rosie said...

I'll be waiting to see what you think of the Megan Hart. I like her so much I'm thinking of hunting down and buying one or ten of her ebooks.

Isn't there a 12-step program for this?

Kerry said...

I liked Dirty better than Broken, but I respect where Hart's going with the idea. Also there's ties between the books if you're paying attention, but I won't detail.

Wendy said...

Rosario:
I'm still working through that particular series, but have gotten as far as The Man Who Loved Christmas, which is a really good book!

Rosie and Kerry: I cannot wait to read Broken! Ugh! Damn all these review books!