Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Playing Hookey

I'm taking the day off. Like any good American who loves baseball - I'm taking the day off to go to the game. That's right folks - my Detroit Tigers are in town to play the Anaheim Angels. And since I didn't get to see them live and in person last year (they were only out here once, it was during the week, and my brain was melting because I was working two jobs), this year I promised myself not to miss them. And having a very understanding (and tolerant) boyfriend - he's also taking the day off work to go with me.

So if the game is televised in your area - take a look down the third base line. I'll be the one throwing my panties at Pudge Rodriguez.


Rosie said...

Panty tossing is reason enough to tune in. Although GG will be questioning my new found interest in the Angels.

Kristie said...

That was a hell of a game. Stupid Todd Jones (whom I normally love) blew it for us! But what a comeback! And if that game should teach you anything, it's to not leave a game early just because of the score. Hope you had fun!

Wendy said...

It just about killed me LOL. In the 2nd inning, when we were down 7-0, The Boyfriend said to me, "There's still a lot of game left." It was more than a little depressing to watch them implode in person like that, but I just about swallowed my tongue during Granderson's and Magglio's home runs. I kept my "woo hooing" to a minimum because I was surrounded my Angels season ticket holders. Didn't want them to start beating me with their rally monkeys :)

Kristie said...

Yeah, I give fans of other teams like that dirty looks at the Wings games when we go. They are playing right now and losing, which isn't good, but they will prevail. I believe.

We are going to the Tigers' game on Sunday. It is finally supposed to be nice this weekend, so it should be a good time.

Curtis (or CG as I like to call him since my nickname for my husband is CJ) Granderson is my fave player and he sure is off to a great start. I hope he keeps it up.