Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Pay No Attention To the Skank Behind The Curtain

I like to think I'm an equal opportunity sort of girl when it comes to admiring the male of the species. I have devoted blog posts to the hotness that is Djimon Hounsou and Nomar Garciaparra (although his skank wife just had twins). However my tastes tend to run predominantly towards the Skinny White Boy spectrum. Oooh, how I love me those skinny white boys.

I also enjoy "intelligent" pop music - so basically I hardly listen to pop music anymore.

However, I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I first heard (and saw) Maroon 5. I just about wore out my copy of their debut album, Songs About Jane. Catchy melodies, brooding lyrics, and a hot, hot skinny white boy lead singer. Heaven!

Then he had to go and get "romantically" linked to Jessica Simpson. That was sort of like standing on the North Pole, butt-ass nekkid and having ice water dumped over me. OK boys - I know she's got a body to die for but seriously - dumb as a bag of hammers. Happily it's a romantic entanglement that didn't last, but now my Skinny White Boy crush has the Jessica Stink on him.

Not that I necessarily have to "respect" the guy to enjoy his music - but seriously, Jessica Simpson?! Icky, icky, cooties! Yeah, I know - cute butt, big boobs, lots of blonde hair = men losing their minds and their tongues hitting the asphalt. But hello? Dumb as a bag of hammers!

(Of course, if you're only going to have sex with her I guess her having the intelligence of a fruit fly can be overlooked)

So I vowed to wash Maroon 5 right out of my hair. It was unlikely that their second album (if they ever completed it) was going to be "as good" as Songs About Jane. Then I saw the new video. Damn. I'm still pissed about Jessica - but I'm starting to get over it.

5 comments:

Alie said...

I'm feeling the same way about John Mayer now. I love me some John Mayer, am even going to his concert in April, but now HE'S dating Jessica Simpson! Ugh...

Karen Scott said...

I love Maroon 5, but I'm feeling you on the whole Jessica Simpson thing. Dontcha just love Youtube?

By the way, I really hate word verification, this is my third attempt dammit!

Amie Stuart said...

LOL Or as my mom would have said, "Dumb as a box of rocks."

Rosie said...

Ditto what Alie said. Our family says, "Dumb as a sack of hair". However, I'm thinking I might go buy the Maroon 5 CD.

Wendy said...

Alie: I think she might be a succubus.

Karen: I know, it's a total pain in the ass, but since I turned word verification on I haven't been spammed once *crossing fingers*

Rosie: The new CD doesn't come out until May 22 - but their debut CD also kicks ass.

Amie: My other favorite is "like talking to a brick wall."