Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Yes Igor, I'm Alive

I was doing so well posting regularly, then Real Life shows up and kicks me in the ass. The Boyfriend and I got unwelcome and unexpected news on Thursday, which means Wendy retreats into her cave. The Boyfriend is handling everything much better than I am - but this is par for the course. I'm the sort that predicts doomsday, while he sees everything as an "opportunity." Honestly, it's amazing we've been together as long as we have.

This naturally means that while I'm in my cave, with it's insufficient lighting and all, I haven't been reading diddly-squat. I've read the first 2 chapters of the Suzanne Forster story in the All Through The Night anthology - and since hers is the first story that should tell you that I've read around 20 pages since Wednesday. Sad, Wendy - just sad.

On the bright side, we decided to join the 21st century and bought a digital camera. Believe it or not, it's been cold here in Southern California (hey, I saw my own breath this morning!), but it warms up enough that it feels like springtime in the afternoon. Living in the Midwest and sick of ice? Stare at this for a few moments and try not to slit your wrists:

2 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

My husband is like you, Wendy, Mr. Gloom and Doom, whereas I'm like your boyfriend--I think one of each is kinda necessary in a relationship, otherwise you get the nihilistic couple or the Up With People people who make you want to gouge out your own eyes because of their enthusiasm and happy-go-lucky ways.

I hope the situation improves.

sybil said...

What? Wha? damn I need to blog hop more it isn't like I work all day or something...

off to be nosy in email... excuse me