In case you're living in a cave, or just don't care - yes, my Tigers beat the Yankees. Yes, the Yankees are going home to face Georgie Porgy (who I imagine had an anuerysm sometime during Game 3) and my boys are going on to face the Oakland A's for the American League title.
But I won't gloat. Instead, here are some quick hit thoughts from yours truly:
- I'm not a true fan. Yep, I thought my boys were going to get their dumb-asses swept by New York.
- I thought the AL title would come down the Yankees and the Twins - both teams are now done for the year. Shows you what I know.
- I worried a lot about our pitchers these last two games. Kenny Rogers ends up pitching the best game of his career (and that's factoring in that the guy once threw a perfect game) and Bonderman looked great today. My motto for the rest of the playoffs? Keep worrying about my pitching and they'll do great.
- I think Torre is out the door. The Boyfriend thinks I'm full of shit. But they got knocked out in the first round by my Tigers this year, ditto for 2005 except it was the Anaheim Angels and let us not forget that they were up 3-0 in the series against Boston in 2004 and blew it. Boston then went on to win their first World Series title since 1795 (slight exaggeration that).
- Detroit has won, and is advancing - but nobody will be talking about that. Everybody will be talking about "what's wrong with the Yankees?" and "why the Yankees lost" and "how do they fix the Yankees?" Who bloody cares?! Nobody! My team won! Talk about them! You know - the guys who won! And just for fun, how about pronouncing their names correctly?
- I think my Yankees Suck T-shirt is bad karma. I wore it during Game 1 and we lost. I put it on for Game 2 and it was rained out. I didn't wear it after that and we win the series. Bye-bye bad juju.