Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Skip To My Lou

Well color me shocked as Hell. The Boyfriend just talked to The New Apartment people. They replaced the thermostat and fixed the front doorknob lock. You could knock me over with a feather. I thought for sure they were going to tell us, "Tough shit, we'll just rent it to someone else who's not such a pain in the ass."

Of course, we still have to check it out - which is what we're doing tomorrow. If all goes well, moving day is still set for Saturday. Which means this girl has to take Friday off to finish packing and call everybody I need to call.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Woo hoo! If it turns out they did the changes looks like you might have landed in a good place. Hope everything goes well for you during the move.

Wendy said...

Rosie:
WooHoo is right! Everything at the new place looked great. We now have a programmable, digital thermostat and the lock on the front door is fixed. So we signed the lease, forked over the cash - and now I get to spend all weekend moving.