Well both Tara and Fiona tagged me - which means I'm outnumbered and outgunned. Here it goes:
1) When did you first start blogging and why? I started blogging back on February 28, 2003 - which makes me really frickin' old in the Blogosphere. I used to have a web site (now dismantled) and I used the home page to ramble on about various topics. I also had a page where I put up my latest book reviews. I was too lazy to archive any of this stuff and then I discovered blogging. Totally easy to archive and I loved the interactive capabilities.
2) What don't you talk about? My sex life. Frankly it's none of your business. Oh what the hell - it's good. Very, very good.
3) Are you and your blogging persona the same person? Pretty much. That said, I'm more of an opinionated loud mouth on my blog than I am in real life. In real life I'm the classic middle child - I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, everybody should be shiny and happy, and they all should love me!
4) How do you use blogging to build friendships? Well I've met a lot of totally cool readers through blogs that I didn't meet via my various e-mail loops. I also think the blogosphere has tapped a previously uncharted resource of "new voices" and "reviewers" from a reading standpoint. I think this is a very cool thing. Also, I've met other women who like baseball (waving to Tara and Kristie!) I'm willing to overlook that Tara is a dirty Skankies fan - she most likely cannot help it and I'm confident that one day she will get deprogrammed.
5) How do you describe your writing style? A mess. Truly. I'm awful with grammar, structure, run-on sentences, wacky punctuation etc. That said, I think my writing voice comes off a lot like my speaking voice. I'm so sarcastic most days it's amazing The Boyfriend hasn't smothered me in my sleep yet.
Who am I tagging?
Ha! No one! Ya'll been tagged already me thinks.