Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Lovely Rita

RITA nominations are out, and since everyone else is doing it, I thought I'd give a run down on what I've read and ones that are currently languishing in the TBR mountain range that is my second bedroom/computer room.

In the TBR:

Heartbreak Hotel by Jill Marie Landis (autographed to me no less)

Blackberry Winter by Cheryl Reavis (she can write circles around most)

One Night In Texas by Jane Sullivan (I think I got this at the RWA conference?)

Abbie's Outlaw by Victoria Bylin

The Me I Used To Be by Jennifer Archer

What I've actually read, with comments:

In Deep Voodoo by Stephanie Bond - liked the suspense but felt the romance was lacking. Felt it would have been better served if it had been marketted as a cozy mystery.

Nothing To Fear by Karen Rose - great suspense, and a good example of how the Big Secret plot device can work.

The Texan's Reward by Jodi Thomas - a nice, sweet story, but the romance gets lost between all the secondary characters and the fact that the hero is separated from the heroine quite a bit due to plot developments.

His Secondhand Wife by Cheryl St. John - this was a strong "B" rated read for me. And yes, I'm saying it again, I really feel this author's best book this year was Prairie Wife even though the online buzz was all about HSW. Still, HSW was very good.

Ex And The Single Girl by Lani Diane Rich - OMG, loved this one! Loved it, loved it, loved it. Damn, but she's up against La Nora. Better luck next time Lani.

No comments: