Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Wallowing

So I haven't posted lately for a couple of reasons:
  1. I've had several days off of work and my brain is beginning to melt.
  2. I'm in an awful book slump.
One of my reading resolutions for 2006 was to stop reading. Let me explain. I'm still reviewing, so naturally when I'm reading a dud for review I have to finish. All the way through. Even if I want to incinerate the book by page 100, I have to keep reading. So I vowed to myself that when I'm reading on my own time, I would stop reading books that were irritating me, boring me, pissing me off - whatever. Last week I had 2 such books and it was making my head hurt.

Then review books showed up. First up - The Sheriff by Nan Ryan. Now I had read one Ryan book in the past and didn't think much of it - but I went in with an open mind. This is a western after all, so maybe it would be OK.

I'm not going to rehash it here. It would take more effort than I've got at the moment - but the review has been posted already. Enter at your own risk.

Next up - Lady X's Cowboy by Zoe Archer (which will also serve as my TBR challenge for AngieW). I have high hopes for it so far. The first chapter is already better written than the entire Ryan book.

1 comment:

sybil said...

Damn. I own this book! Damn my impluse buy. But the cover was nice and a good color and it was a western.

Damn I put back the Lord of Temptation by Paula Quinn for this. It was the texas thing that got me.

le sigh you live and you learn... at least it was at walmart.