Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Wendy, Librarian Queen Of The Universe!

I got really good news yesterday. Not only did I get a very nice annual evaluation from my boss, she also gave me a very nice raise. So hopefully I'll start seeing a little extra on my paychecks by the end of the month.

In other news, my employer didn't reimburse me for my trip to Reno for RWA back in July - but they let me go on company time. This meant I didn't have to dip into my own stash of vacation time. The catch being that I would have do a presentation upon my return for all of the adult services librarians. Guess what I'm doing on Thursday?

I'm all set to go. I whipped up a PowerPoint presentation, got a handy list of web sites together and even rounded up some giveaways. RWA sent me some stuff (rulers, buttons, bookmarks), plus I'll be giving away from autographed books I got in Reno.

I'm rather looking forward to it. Finally a chance to educate other librarians and show off my romance geek tendencies!


Teresa Bodwell said...

Appreciate you spreading the word! Have you read Ain't She Sweet? by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Besides being a really fun read, it's a tribute to romance novels. I do think it would make a great introduction for anyone who is not familiar with the genre (and maybe a little snobby about it).

shayera said...

Congratulations! Very well deserved.

Alyssa said...

Congrats on the raise. Yay! And good luck with your presentation.


Nicole said...

Congrats on the raise!