Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Miracle Worker

I just had an Internet user (I know, you're all surprised here), get snippy with me and one of my librarians because a web site she wanted to use wasn't loading.

Exacerbating this issue was that she was on the web site earlier and it was working fine.

I assured her I have no control over web sites. I can't fix them. If I could Blogger would always work wonderfully and my Yahoo mail would never freak out.

To prove to her that I really couldn't fix this problem I resorted to moving her to a different computer - and you guessed it - the web site didn't work on that machine either.

My clerk told me I should have said, "If you get your own computer at home the web site will always work."

Now why didn't I think of that?

3 comments:

Kelli said...

ROFL...
oh to have those perfect come-backs when you need them.

tvaddictgurl said...

I had to convince a co-worker the other day that just because her start page, which was msn.com, wouldn't load didn't mean she couldn't get on the internet.

Tara Marie said...

Hey, you didn't try waving your magic librarian wand over the top, maybe that would have worked.

How do you keep from smacking these people??