Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Headline News

I love it when the news media tells me the obvious. That wacky Saddam is said to be "defiant," "uncooperative," and "won't recognize court's authority" depending on what story you read.

Well duh.

Hey, I never said I was mature.

What did we all expect? That Saddam would roll over and play dead? Say, "Golly gee, my bad!" Of course he's defiant! Morons.

On the complete other end of the spectrum, a different moron has greenlighted a sixth Rocky movie.

Honestly, does the world need another Rocky movie? My answer would be no. Just look at the breakdown of the first five:

Rocky I - a really good movie about the underdog winning. Well sort of.

Rocky II - a really good sequel capped off by Rocky & Adrian marrying. Call me crazy, I enjoy their romance. This also happens to be my favorite out of the franchise, in case you care.

Rocky III - watchable in a 1980s sort of way thanks to Mr. T. Also, Mickey dies and I get all choked up.

Rocky IV - fairly unwatchable thanks to the blatant rah-rah Reagan-era "get those commie bastards" message. And I'm kind of ticked off by the whole Apollo Creed dying in the ring thing.

Rocky V - so awful that I've never seen it all the way through. Just plain bad. This is a movie just begging for Mystery Science Theater 3000 to return from cancellation hell.

But Sly has to have something to do ever since The Contender bombed. I'm thinking he should take up needlepoint myself.

No comments: