Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Accentuate The Positive

As the tone of my last several bloggings may indicate - I've been cantankerous lately. I'm not even PMSing, so it's not like I can use that as an excuse. No, I've just been generally pissed off with the universe as a whole - which in the wake of Hurricane Katrina makes me look like a spiteful, ungrateful bitch.

So in an effort to be a better person (Ha!), I'm going to bask in what I call "simple pleasures." Really, most of the joy I take out of my life can be deemed simple. I'm an easy girl to please. So instead of bitching about library patrons I want to strangle, I'm going to focus on the positive.

When I was at RWA in Reno they had some editors speak at the Librarians Day event. My memory is shot to hell at the moment, but I distinctly remember reps from Warner and Tor being there. They said that if we had business cards to give them, they'd put us on the list to receive Advanced Reading Copies.

OK, I'll admit it - I'm a book whore. That, and I rarely have the opportunity to throw my business cards around. So I tossed them each one.

Guess what I got today? An ARC of The Snow White Bride by Claire Delacroix, release date November 2005. Like how cool is that?

In other happy news, I just had a library patron gush all over me about how wonderful, fantastic I am and how my library is the friendliest library she's ever been too. God, I love dealing with nice, pleasant people. I wonder if she could be cloned.....

Postscript: I just had to tell a library patron to put his shoes back on. Yes, he was walking around barefoot in a public building. Sigh

No comments: