Wendy's List of Authors Who Have Wacko Fans
- Sherrilyn Kenyon - Dark Hunter fans scare the Hell out of me. Seriously, y'all do.
- Christine Feehan - Dark series fans scare the Hell out of me. And is it just me or are her heroes cardboard cut-outs with different names? They all read the same to me.
- Laura Kinsale - She's brilliant! The most lyrical, poetic writer ever! If you don't like Kinsale you're a stupid, stupid moron who cannot appreciate brilliant, lyrical, poetic writing!
- Loretta Chase - Rinse and repeat Kinsale fan description
- Mary Balogh - Rinse and repeat Kinsale fan description.
- Kenyon - never read. Have read books by her Kinley MacGregor pseudonym and liked them in a historical wallpaper sort of way.
- Feehan - read one of the GhostWalker books and hated it with a burning passion
- Kinsale and Chase - have books in TBR that I'm scared to read for fear I won't just LUV them and their fans will start stalking me.
- Balogh - read one of the Slightly books, liked it, found it pleasant. Nothing super-fantastic special, but a good read.
And notice how all the authors I listed write either paranormals or historicals? I wonder if that's significant or not. Maybe because there is a niche market for those particalus sub genres? It's something to ponder anyway, along with the fact that I currently can't think of any contemporary authors that have scary fans.