Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, May 9, 2005

Peanuts And Cracker Jacks

"Some guys take their girls out to fancy dinners. I take mine to the ballgame" -Wendy's Boyfriend sometime around the 5th inning

Yes, my Detroit Tigers were in town this past weekend and not only did I go to the game Saturday night - but it turned out to be a really good one. A fantastic pitcher's duel unfolded, thanks to Bonderman (Tigers) and Colon (Angels), making it a quick game (not quite 2.5 hours!). Percival came out, earned his save, and got a standing ovation from the fans of his former team. Of course, the drunken idiots sitting behind me boo'ed him - but hey, that's baseball!

The best part had to be watching Tiger manager, Alan Trammell, get ejected. Tram isn't a hot head (that's bench coach Kirk Gibson), but he went out to back up Craig Monroe who got ejected for tossing his helmet after being called out at first base. Frankly, I suspect Tram did it to fire up the team - since the Tigers were in the middle of a losing streak.

In other news, a big shout out to Alyssa who told me another way I could get pictures to post on my blog! I followed Maili's suggestion of downloading Picasa 2 - but that still didn't resolve my issues with Hello's Bloggerbot software. Thanks anyway Maili!

I'm smack dab in the middle of an excellent book right now - Sex, Murder and a Double Latte by Kyra Davis. More on it once I finish - but I will say that this recent trend towards chick lit/mystery hybrids seems to be agreeing with me.

No comments: