Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Saturday, April 9, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

A big shout out to Nicole who showed me how to get titles on my blog entries! I don't know why I didn't think of looking in my Blogger settings - maybe it's all this damn California sunshine frying my brain cells?

In other news, it's that time of year when Detroit Tigers fans start deluding themselves. I've been abnormally excited about the start of baseball season, even with all the steroid nonsense going on. The Boyfriend is currently meh on the whole baseball season - and given that he's a Toronto Blue Jays fan, can we really blame him?

But it turns out I'm not the most delusional of all the Tigers fans out there. No, that honor goes to my older sister and brother-in-law - both of whom believe the Tigers will win their division this year.

I'm not sure what they're smoking - but I'm pretty sure it's crack. My brother-in-law even has a bet riding on this with one of his regular customers at work. He's obviously insane. Mentally unstable. Touched in the head. Because mark my words - Minnesota is not giving up their reign in the AL Central.

Of course, there's the tiny part of me that hopes I'm wrong and they're right.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm so glad it worked!